Monday, December 13, 2010

Writing Prompt For Today

I am going to attempt yet another story from a random writing prompt I find somewhere.

Write about a piece of clothing that was important to you at some point in your life.

A yellow and blue pajama top.

My husband bought me this top for Christmas 2006. It was the year I was pregnant with our son. We had decided not get get each other anything that year because the baby was more important and we didn't have a lot of money to spend. But on Christmas Eve he handed me a small gift bag and said, "I know it's not much, Merry Chirstmas, sweetheart." Anyone who knows me knows that, when I'm in the house, I spend most of my time in my pj. Why get dressed if your not going anywhere? That shirt was the first Chirstmas present I had gotten as a wife. Whenever I wear it to bed it makes me think of my thoughtful husband and beautiful son.

No comments:

Post a Comment