Sunday, December 12, 2010

Writing Prompt For Today


Writing prompt taken from: http://www.creativewritingprompts.com/


A picture is worth more than a blank page. Take out those dusty photo albums. Pick out photo #14. Count however way you like, but make sure you stop at photo #14. Look at the photo for about 2 or 3 minutes. Then for 10 minutes, write all the feelings that photograph made you feel. Don't censor yourself, just write.

This picture was taken by my now brother-in-law at Radio City Music Hall during our trip to New York City in December of 2004. A year before, my brother, sister and myself had made the decision to start saving our money so we could go to New York during the holiday season. So, after months of saving, my sister and her fiance, my brother and his girlfriend, and my fiance and myself packed our stuff into a rental van and, after a quick run to the local coffee shop, begain the long journey to Manhattan. In the above picture our seats were on the third level and I am deathly afraid of heights. The whole time I was clutching the arm rests of my seat and praying that said seat didn't come unbolted and go flying toward the ground floor. Yes, I understand how crazy that sounds, but I am sure there are some of you out there who know exactly how I felt. I decided to find a focal point on the stage and kept my eyes on it the entire time, that was how I was able to stay in my seat the entire time and not run screaming out the door and into the lobby. I have to say that that trip was one of the best vactions of my life so far. We had some fights along the way and a lot of laughter and I really hope we are able to go back some day. So, to follow the directions of the writing prompt, these are my feelings: Laughter, excitement, extreme terror at the thought of falling to my death in the Radio City Music Hall, and amazement at the sights and sounds of New York City.

No comments:

Post a Comment